![]() |
| Mark doing his school work. |
My life is different now. We have a son! He is crazy and wonderful, and stresses me out at times. But he's OUR son. God gave him to us. There's no doubt in my mind. But because we have a son, my life is different now.
It's taken me a year of feeling inadequate.
- Inadequate to continue on staff with Proskuneo Ministries.
- Inadequate to be a good friend to people.
- Inadequate to be a good mom.
It's taken me this past year of feeling like I can't do it all, to realize that....I can't do it all! (Slow-learner...that's what I am!)
But I'm realizing now, that it's okay for me to back off from things. For awhile....for a season. It's okay for me to focus mainly on one thing....being the mother God has called me to be. It's okay for me to say no to other "good" things. Things I would love to be doing. It's okay...for this time...this season. Why? Because my life is different now. With that understanding comes great FREEDOM!
I'm grateful the Lord showed me that this morning. I do not need to feel guilty when I have to say no. I do not have to worry about what people think. I do not need to feel inadequate. I can focus on our son...on helping to raise him be a man who loves Jesus and serves the Lord. I can walk in that freedom...knowing the years fly by quickly, and our son is already growing up (he'll soon be 9 years old!). Knowing that this "season" of my life will soon be over as well. Understanding that, although I may miss some of the things I used to be able to do so easily...my life is different now!

No comments:
Post a Comment