Tonight, though, I felt I should take a moment to type out some of my thoughts. You see, we're about to venture into the unknown once again. No, we're not adopting another child (I can hear the sighs of relief going up from all our close friends and relatives!). But, in some ways it could be almost as scary.
We've enrolled Marc in a community baseball league! His first practice will be this Saturday. Normally I wouldn't think twice about having a child play baseball with other kids. Marc is extremely athletic and can throw the ball well. He can even hit fairly well. It's not those things that put the butterflies into my stomach. It's the thought of our Hard-of-Hearing son (who still does not understand everything that's said to him), playing side-by-side with Hearing boys who have grown up in the U.S. and who understand the instructions the coaches give them the first time it's explained.
I'm not worried about him getting physically hurt. But I am concerned about how he will feel if he misunderstands or does something the other boys will think is "dumb".
So...right now, I'm going to give it all over to the Lord and ask HIM to watch over our boy as he steps out into this new adventure. I will choose to trust our Heavenly Father (the One Who made Marc in the first place), to walk him through learning the game of baseball, and interacting with the other boys (and coaches) on his team.
I'm thankful that the head coach of Marc's team is a wonderful man from our church. He knows Marc and understands the "issues" he'll be up against. I think this will end up being a wonderful experience for Marc AND for us as parents.
I really WILL try to keep this blog updated better in the months ahead. There may be lots of fun stories to tell about Marc and his new baseball team. We'll see...

No comments:
Post a Comment