Last Friday we received an email from our adoption representative. She informed us that it could be a few more months yet before we can travel to Hungary to meet our son. Obviously our hearts were weighed down by this news and we were frustrated and discouraged. I immediately sent out an email to our family and friends and told them the situation...asking them to pray for our hearts as we trusted the Lord to help us through this set-back.
Over the past few days I've been reminded (again) of all the details God has to put into place before we can meet our future son. Daily the Lord has been showing me in His Word how He plans things out in very particular ways.
Last night I received a phone call from a woman I've never met. She is an acquaintance of one of our friends at church. This friend contacted the woman and told her about our future trip to Budapest and how we will need an apartment to rent for 6 or 7 weeks while we're there. The woman called me to let me know she has several friends who live in Budapest. One of her friends' mother owns several flats (small apartments) and likes to rent them out to U.S. tourists for extended periods of time. If the timing works out, this woman would be happy to rent one of her flats to us. The great part of it is that she's willing to rent the flat for only about $250/month! Yes, you read that right. $250 (U.S. dollars) a month! This is incredible!!! Everything I've been looking into would cost us at least $3,000 for the time we'd have to be there. Finding out about this possibility was definitely an encouragement to us, and showed us again, that God has HIS plan in all of this.
One more note about the woman I talked with last night . . . after our phone call, she "friended" me on Facebook. When I went to her profile page to read more about her, I found that she's from Michigan (my home state), and that she is friends with two of my friends from there! She also attended the same college I attended (Cornerstone University)! I love these seemingly "coincidental" connections. Don't you? : )
So, although we may have suffered a slight set-back in regards to the timing of our trip to Hungary, the Lord continues to use this time to set in motion HIS plans for us. I'm grateful for the learning process this journey has taken me on thus far. And I know I still have a lot more to learn!
God sees the finish line and all the steps in between!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're so right, Carol!
ReplyDelete