Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Roller Coaster Ride . . .

Lately I've been feeling a bit like I'm on a never-ending roller coaster ride. Don't get me wrong...roller coasters are my absolute FAVORITE ride at any amusement park. But as much as I enjoy the ride, I also look forward to the end of it, when I can walk around the park a bit. The last few weeks have not allowed me to have a lot of time to "walk in the park."

Besides the adoption journey, we've also been on another type of journey with my fellow Proskuneo Ministries staff members and certain family members. Each one of them has been on their own roller coaster ride. One person just sold her house and moved to another town. My boss and his wife are purchasing a home in that very same town TODAY (after 3 years of praying and planning, and hoping). And all of us are working toward the Open House for the new Proskuneo School of the Arts  on Feb. 11th. Add to that, my mother-in-law is now in the process of selling her place up in Wisconsin and moving down here to be closer to her family. So we've been working through that process with her.

So although I've been writing about our adoption journey, we've really had a lot more than that going on in our lives over the past few months. Some days I'm fine with riding the roller coaster over and over. Other days I think a nice walk around the park would be good. (And really, today I'm thinking a walk around a park in Budapest, Hungary would be the BEST!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment