![]() |
| Marci still doing the motions in the kids' musical. |
For years I've chuckled at moms and dads who sit up front at church and take pictures and videos of their kids when they sing or act in a play. Last Sunday, Bruce and I became those parents! : )
Last week Marci participated in our church's music camp. He went every morning from 9:00 - noon and learned songs and motions to the musical the kids presented at our church this past Sunday. He was also involved in game time and small group time, as well as a break time when the kids had snacks. This was much like Vacation Bible School, but allowed the children to learn a musical in 5 days. The couple who organized this were wonderful and encouraged us to include Marci in the process. We're so glad they did!
Every day when I'd pick him up at church he would ask if he was going back again the next day. He was so excited about it and really enjoyed being with the other children. I have to confess, it was a good break for me as well. I was able to participate in the Proskuneo Worship Institute (a month-long experience that the ministry I work with is hosting this month). I loved having the freedom to go there every morning after I dropped Marci off at our church. But I was even happier to have Marci be a part of the whole process of meeting new people, playing with new friends, and hearing music along with God's Word.
Last week Marci participated in our church's music camp. He went every morning from 9:00 - noon and learned songs and motions to the musical the kids presented at our church this past Sunday. He was also involved in game time and small group time, as well as a break time when the kids had snacks. This was much like Vacation Bible School, but allowed the children to learn a musical in 5 days. The couple who organized this were wonderful and encouraged us to include Marci in the process. We're so glad they did!
Every day when I'd pick him up at church he would ask if he was going back again the next day. He was so excited about it and really enjoyed being with the other children. I have to confess, it was a good break for me as well. I was able to participate in the Proskuneo Worship Institute (a month-long experience that the ministry I work with is hosting this month). I loved having the freedom to go there every morning after I dropped Marci off at our church. But I was even happier to have Marci be a part of the whole process of meeting new people, playing with new friends, and hearing music along with God's Word.
He really did well. I heard from several moms who helped with the musical and they all told me the same thing...they were amazed at how well he behaved himself and how well he'd adapted to his new surroundings. Of course they also told me how active he is (no surprise there...he's all boy!), but there were a number of young boys who were in the same boat as Marci, so I didn't feel too bad about it. : )
All in the all the musical was a wonderful experience for our son, and we're grateful he had the opportunity to experience it. Even now, he continues to ask to listen to the "church CD". That's exciting to me!


No comments:
Post a Comment