Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A "New Normal"...



Marci enjoys his new Slip 'N Slide.
I've had a lot of people ask me lately if we're settling into a "new normal." It's a very hard question for me to answer. We are, indeed, settling into some type of normalcy in our home, but we're in the middle of summer and I know that what is "normal" for us now, will not be normal for us when the school year begins.  In fact, I'm not even sure we've had two weeks that have been exactly the same since we arrived home from Hungary. So much has been going on, and Marci has met so many new people, that I'm really surprised he has adjusted as well as he has.

We have another gardener in the family!
Everyone who meets Marci says he seems to be adjusting extremely well. And my sister and parents have even commented on the fact that he fits into our family so well it's as if he's always been here! I would have to agree with them. Although he didn't come to live with us until April 23rd (while we were in Hungary), he didn't "officially" become our son until May 23rd. That means it's only been 7 weeks he's been "officially" our son, and only 11 weeks since he first came to live with us. Wow! So much has happened since then. It's just hard to believe!

Marci enjoyed playing video games
with his two older cousins.

So although our "new normal" will shift yet again once school starts, we DO feel as if we are a real family, and for that we give God all the glory and praise. We know it is only because of His grace and mercy that we are able to get through each day, and the prayers of His people have helped to sustain us. 






Here are a few pictures of our "new (summer) normal."
Marci's cousin, Ciena, shows
him how to play an online game.
With the cousins (minus Lia), and
Grandmom & Grandpop.
     
          

Marci with some of his crazy family!     
Marci enjoyed his first 4th of July in America.
He loved the sparklers!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! Marci looks like he is having a blast! I love the one of him with the sparklers! What joy!

    ReplyDelete