Saturday, February 16, 2013

First Valentine's Day . . .

Marci's favorite cookie.
I can honestly say that our days are flying by faster than I can keep up! How did it get to be mid-February already? It seems like Christmas was just yesterday.

We've had a number of things going on with us since Christmas. Bruce and I came down with the flu, just as we were moving my mother-in-law out of her condo and down here to Georgia. Then my mother-in-law moved in with us the following week. (She's been house-hunting ever since.)


The past few weeks I've been contacting doctors and dentists for Marci's check-ups here in the States. He doesn't know it yet, but he'll be going to visit the doctor and the dentist this next week...on the same day! (Am I a horrible mother???)

This past week we celebrated Valentine's Day. I had talked with Marci about it ahead of time, and he spent several days making special Valentines for various friends and family members. He really seemed to enjoy the idea of doing something special for those he loves.
Marci was very careful as he
rolled out the special cookies.
The wild & crazy
cookie maker!

When I told him that his dad really likes a special kind of sugar cookie, Marci said he wanted to bake them for his dad for Valentine's Day. So we pulled out all of the ingredients and began to make a special gift for his dad. As you can see from the pictures, Marci really enjoyed himself! (And his dad really enjoyed the cookies!) When it came time to decorate them, Marci decided that everyone in the family needed to have one with their initial on it. He carefully wrote our initials on each cookie. He even included some of our dear friends in the process.

The next thing on our calendar is my mother-in-law's birthday. She is "Oma" to Marci, and he has been counting down the days until we celebrate her special day with her.

One thing I've learned about our precious little boy...he is a "giver". He loves doing things for people. He loves giving things to people. He is even willing to wrap up some of his own toys and give them to friends, just because he loves them. Truly we are blessed to have our son with us. We continue to thank God for bringing him into our home, and look forward to what's in store for us as a family in the days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment