Monday, October 3, 2011

Continual Amazement...

I continue to be amazed at the extent God will go to put a plan into place for His children. He continues to prove this over and over again as we move forward on our adoption journey.

A few weeks ago we had a new family move into our neighborhood. I would never have known about them except for having  a friend from church call me one day with an amazing story of her own. She said she'd been working at the local food co-op that morning and had met a wonderful couple that was moving to our town. As she talked with them more, she found out they have custody of their two grandchildren...a girl and a boy. The little boy is seven years old and "just happens" to be deaf. She was excited to share with them the news of her own friends (Bruce and myself) who are in the process of adopting a seven-year-old boy who is also deaf.

As my friend and I talked longer, I found out what neighborhood this couple was moving into. Who could believe that the Lord was positioning this family just six houses down the street from us?!? Since that day a few weeks ago, Bruce and I have had the pleasure of getting to know this family a little better. They, too, believe God led them to our neighborhood, and even to our church (they've been attending our church now for the past several weeks). 

Add to this story the fact that I met a woman at our adoption garage sale (back in August) who lives in the next cul-de-sac up from us who "just happens" to have a deaf child. She is also a Believer. 


I do not believe in coincidences...only God-happenings. God continues to show us again and again that He is leading us to adopt this little boy. (So why do I continue to be amazed when He reveals parts of His plan???) 

1 comment: