Monday, October 10, 2011

Starting to become more real...

It's only been a week since I posted last, but I feel as if MUCH has happened in the last seven days! First of all, our home study is finally complete (Please praise the Lord with us)! The FBI fingerprinting (which took nearly 9 weeks to finalize) came back and we received our approved home study report in the mail last Wednesday. 

I had already completed all the paperwork needed to send along with our immigration request (we want him to be legal when he arrives in the States!), so I quickly made several copies of the home study and mailed the immigration forms the very next day. 

Now I'm in the process of filling out forms for the various adoption grants that are out there. It's amazing all the hoops one has to jump through in order to find out if anyone out there will be willing to give money to help a little boy find a forever family. But, I am determined to do whatever it takes, and if that means filling out 100 more forms, I'll do it! 

 
Our future son's room is starting to take shape. A few weeks ago we were given a great bunk bed unit by some wonderful people in our church (Once again, I was amazed at how God continues to provide!). 



This week we purchased one of the mattresses, some sheets, and a comforter for his bed. Woohoo!

As most of you know, Bruce's passion is flying. So we thought it was only appropriate to outfit this room with some items that reflect that passion. We hope our little one will enjoy his new space when he gets home.

Several of you have asked just when he'll be coming home. I wish we knew! We are still in the waiting process. I'm sure we have at least a few more months before we'll be allowed to fly to Hungary and finish the adoption process. 

I have to confess, it's becoming harder for me to wait on the Lord through all of this. I did pretty well at first, but now that the room is coming together and I have a visual in my head of a little boy playing in that room, my impatience is surfacing more and more. I'd really appreciate your prayers for me in this area. 

But, even though I have felt a bit impatient lately, I am still able to say I know in my heart that God's timing is ALWAYS perfect.  I am thankful He is in control and I am not. : )

We continue to wake up each day, excited to see what the next chapter will be in this story God is unfolding right before our eyes. We're at the point in the story where it doesn't seem quite so much like a fairy tale any longer. It's starting to feel more real. It's a strange feeling, but one I find I'm adapting to quickly . . . and I like it!  
________________________________________________________________________

For those who are interested in giving toward our adoption process, God has provided a way for you to send a tax deductible gift. You can write the check out to:
Strong Tower Family Ministries, Inc.
837 Mill Rock Street
Lawrenceville, GA 30044
www.ourstrongtower.org 

Be sure to mark on the check that the donation is for "The Treu Family Adoption." Receipts will be sent out at the end of each month. All monies donated through Strong Tower will be handed over to us directly. They are not keeping any money for themselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment