For those of you who don't know, November is National Adoption Month. And today is Orphan Sunday. We watched a video clip this morning in church that tugged at my heart. I've seen videos like this before, and certainly I've known of the many children in the U.S. and around the world in need of being adopted. But somehow this video hit me harder this year than ever before. I'm sure it's because of our own journey to bring a little boy home, but I also think it's because the Lord has been working in my heart about my own responsibility to care for the widows and orphans.
I don't know exactly what God has planned for our family once Christopher gets here. But I do know that when we go to visit him in the orphanage, my eyes will be open wider to the other little ones who are waiting there for a loving family.
If you're wondering what you can do to help orphans in the U.S. and around the world, look into various foundations who accept donations. Steven Curtis Chapman and his family started a great organization called Show Hope. They help orphans all over the world, be providing food and clothing. They also give grants to families like ours who wish to adopt. Please consider giving money to this or another Christian organization sometime this month. Don't let National Adoption Month go by without doing something for the children out there who need a loving home.
No comments:
Post a Comment