Have you ever given much thought to how God directs things that happen in our lives? I confess, I don't think about that as much as I should. But this adoption process has shown me in a new way, just how much God's hand is working in our lives every day.
Last week, just when I was starting to think too much about how we'll make this next payment in the adoption process (approximately $5,000), I went to our mailbox and found a card from a couple in our church. We've known this couple for over 10 years. We used to fellowship with them every week in our small group. Over the years we've switched small groups several times (as we're encouraged to do at our church) and so have lost touch with them a bit along the way.
This couple does not get our email updates, and as far as I know, does not read our blog. So when I opened the card and saw the note and the check that had been sent to us for the adoption, I knew without a shadow of a doubt, the Lord's hand was in this. The Holy Spirit had encouraged them to send a check to us because they'd read about our adoption in our church prayer list! You can't even imagine what that realization did to our hearts!!! Knowing that God is in control, and that HE is directing this adoption . . . and that HE will provide the funds however HE sees fit . . . is the most amazing and encouraging thing to us. We can plan and save and do everything we think we are supposed to do, but God will show us in the end just how HE takes care of things for us.
I'm so glad my Heavenly Father is in control!

I just realized it may sound like the check we received from this couple was for the full amount of the $5,000 we'll need for our next adoption installment. That's not the case. It was a generous gift, and one I know was a sacrifice for this couple. But I don't want to lead anyone to believe that they provided the entire amount needed. My point was just to let people know that God is providing...in His way, and in His time. : )
ReplyDelete