Friday, October 5, 2012

Amazed once again . . .

Marci loves trains. Big ones, small ones...
it doesn't matter to him!
As I sit here in a children's play land (Jumpin' Kritters) trying to get a little work done, while Marci plays on all the inflatables and with the toy trains, my mind continues to look back over this past week and be amazed. God continues to show us, again and again, that He has a plan for Marci's life.

Tuesday of this week I took Marci to get a CT scan. Our audiologist had suggested it in order for us to know exactly what's going on inside Marci's ears. She also suggested we visit a certain ENT doctor to have him read the CT scan and tell us what he thought. So Tuesday was our day to get all of that taken care of.

The day before our appointment for the CT, the ENT's office called to tell me they had been talking with the imaging place and told them Marci's story. After hearing it, they told the ENT's office to let me know they would not be charging us a penny for Marci's test. Of course I was amazed and grateful!  But little did I know that after our visit to the ENT's office they would tell us exactly the same thing! We walked away without paying a penny for either of our appointments that day! God's hand was all over our visits. I cannot explain it any other way.


As if this weren't enough, the ENT gave us some very important information about Marci and his hearing. We were told that he is most likely a viable candidate for a surgery that is available that would allow him to hear at a nearly normal level. He has put us in touch with another doctor, here in the Atlanta area, who will talk with us more about some of the things that would need to be done before we pursued this surgery.  (For those of you who are wondering, this is NOT a cochlear implant we're talking about. This is a surgery that would actually repair his ear canals and create an actual ear for him to hear from.)

Anyhow, I'm sitting here watching our son playing with several other kids here at Jumpin' Critters, and I'm amazed at all God has done to get him here. We've been together now for over five months, and back in the States over four. It's just incredible to think about. But it's also VERY exciting to look back and see how many times God amazed us with His mighty acts, and how He continues to prove to us that He has a plan for Marci's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment