Thursday, June 6, 2013

I cannot believe I've let this much time go by without updating the blog. I apologize to those of you who have been asking me about what's going on. First of all, we've postponed Marc's surgery again. It is now scheduled for August 9th. Our hopes are that by moving it to August, we'll be able to raise enough money to pay for the surgery ourselves. Our insurance company is not budging at this point, and we do not want Marc to have to wait any longer to get the surgery he really needs.

It looks like we'll need to raise about $9,000 for the surgery itself, and an additional $9,000 for the new hearing aids. We've started a few fundraising efforts online. For those of you who wish to check them out, I've listed their links below. We have been extremely encouraged by friends and family who have told us they would like to be involved, somehow, in our fundraising efforts. It's been a great reminder to me that our God is in control of all of this. Just as He was in providing the funds for Marc's adoption. 

It may be that we find we have to postpone his surgery once again. I don't know. But God knows just what we need, when we need it. I am trusting Him to provide...in His time. 


This link is to Bonfire Funds. You can order a t-shirt we designed and $15 from every shirt will go directly to our account. OR, you can just donate money to our account. Please note, if you give money only, an 8% charge will be deducted from your gift. https://www.bonfirefunds.com/fund/hearing-surgery-for-marc/4834  

This link is for YouCaring.com. They allow you to give a donation that goes to our PayPal account. https://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/marc-s-hearing-surgery-fund/63262

Please feel free to share these links with your friends and family. Perhaps someone you know would like to give, or purchase a t-shirt. Every $5 helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment