Sunday, March 11, 2012

God cares about the little things...

I love how God cares about the seemingly "little things" in our lives. He's been reminding me of just how much he cares about those things as we get closer to traveling to Hungary.

For those of you who know me, I'm a "list" person. I feel most comfortable when I'm making lists and checking off items one at a time (I feel even better when I can check off MULTIPLE items at one time!) So, of course I've started my lists for our trip to Hungary. But after starting the lists, I realized I had a lot of questions that weren't answered by our adoption agency or representative. I began to feel uneasy and a little out of control because I wasn't able to get my questions answered.

So I went to the Lord and asked Him to help me find the answers I needed to the many questions that were coming up. (Mind you, all of my questions would eventually get answered when we arrive in Budapest. However, I like to know as much as possible up-front...it allows me to be less stressed out over things in the long run.) So I asked the Lord to send me the answers. And boy has He ever! 


Over the past week I've received answers to my questions from three very different sources. One woman just recently came back from Budapest, having adopted a little girl with her husband. She has been most gracious about answering my specific questions (i.e. What is there to do in Budapest that a little boy would like to do? How much money should we take with us? etc.) She's also sent me MORE information than I'd asked for. She sent information on a great church to attend while we're there. And, get this...the pastor just happens to be from Georgia! (God cares about the little things.)

 Another woman, who was born in Budapest and just recently went back there for a short visit, sent me information on what restaurants to eat at, what bus & train to take to get to certain places, and how we should dress while there.

And then one of our Proskuneo Ministries board members was kind enough to send me information on how our electronics would work and what adapters we'll need to take with us, as well as some great general information we'll be able to use.

So....my questions have been answered, along with my prayers. God loves to show us how much He cares about us. And I think He might just get extra joy out of showing us how much He cares about the "little things".   : )

1 comment:

  1. I rejoice with you in knowing the little things are important to Him too. I'm sure He is delighting in your attention to detail! :-)

    ReplyDelete