There's a very old hymn written by Edgar P. Stites, called "Simply Trusting". The first verse and chorus are as follows:
Simply trusting every day;
Trusting through a stormy way.
Even when my faith is small,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.
Trusting as the moments fly,
Trusting as the days go by,
Trusting Him, whate'er befall,
Trusting Jesus, that is all.
I love the words to that hymn. They mean a lot to me today. Although we've had to trust the Lord all along this journey, I realized today that the next few weeks may be the hardest for us to truly trust Him in everything.
Since I last updated this blog, God has provided ALL the funds we need to purchase our plane tickets this weekend! We praise Him for that! But although we'll go ahead and purchase the tickets, we still do not have the one piece of paper in our hands that allows us to actually fly to Hungary and meet our son face-to-face. We are waiting for USCIS to approve his immigration papers and send them back to us. I was told yesterday that we will not receive them in time to purchase the tickets at the reduced rate we have them on hold for right now. If we choose to buy them, we'll be doing it knowing that it's possible we might not get the paperwork back in time and we may need to change our travel date.
So...we are choosing to TRUST. Not just anyone...no....we're choosing to trust the One who has provided for us all throughout our journey. He has been faithful to provide everything we've needed all along the way. We have no reason to doubt that He will fail us now.
But even though that statement is true, I am realizing it's still harder for me to trust Him without that piece of paper in my hand right now. God is revealing a lot to me about my heart, and the things I'm willing to trust Him with and those I am not. (It seems the Lord has more work to do on me before He allows me to become a mother.)
Right now I am going to sing that chorus to myself, and concentrate on the last line especially....Trusting Jesus, that is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment