Wow! Who would have thought, just 11 months ago, that something we felt God leading us to do would actually end up happening??? I know, I know….”oh ye of little faith”…right? Well, I confess there have been many times along the way that I wondered if we had really heard the Lord correctly when we started pursuing this adoption. There were SO many obstacles for us to get over. But our God is greater than ANY obstacle, and He has proven Himself time and time again. And we give Him all the glory for what He has already done, and what He is going to do.
Today we met our son face-to-face for the first time. I wish I could post pictures for everyone to see, but we’re not allowed to do that until the adoption is final. So hold on tight everyone…once I’m allowed to share them, you’ll be seeing a lot of them all together! : )
I have to say that I was a little nervous about today. We first met together with several of the Children’s Guardianship Authorities from Budapest. They are the ones who say whether a child is allowed to be adopted, and then they are the ones who give the okay for the final adoption decree to be done. Our in-country coordinator went with us and interpreted everything from Hungarian to English. If we wouldn’t have had her there the only words I would have understood were “thank you”, “yes” and “no”! I’ve been trying to learn Hungarian for the past several months, but still do not know more than a few basic phrases. We are grateful that our coordinator can speak English fluently.
Tomorrow we will meet with our son again (at his foster home) and then again for the rest of the week. Then, if all goes well, he will come to start the 30 day period (where they get all the paperwork together) and live with us in our rented apartment. We pray that everything goes as planned and there aren’t any holdups.
As I sit here at 12:31 a.m. (Budapest time), I continue to think back over the day. I can see God’s hand writing all over it. He was with us as we talked with the officials and then as we met our son for the first time. His peace was on both of us as we laughed and played with him. Truly it was time designed by God especially for us. And we praise Him for it!
wow!!!! congratulations!!! what a precious day...first date of a lifelong commitment - praying for the visits and 30 day stay, for his heart and yours to be at peace as you walk through these life-changing moments.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Mary. You, of all people, understand the emotions behind such a day. Thank you for your prayers!
Delete