To continue yesterday’s blog post…Bruce and I are currently sitting in the Frankfurt airport waiting to board our plane to Budapest! The last leg of our journey should be happening in just about 40 minutes. : )
Both of us are exhausted…both from the long day yesterday, and the afternoon we spent together walking around downtown Frankfurt. Our layover here has been about 7 ½ hours and we took advantage of the extra time by getting to know the city.
I am so excited to say that I’ve actually been to Germany now (after 21 years of talking about and thinking we’d never get here)…and I even have a new stamp in my passport. Woohoo! : )
Frankfurt is an interesting city. It’s full of contradictions. The old buildings are standing right next to the newer, shinier buildings. There is graffiti on walls all over the city, yet people don’t seem to pay attention to it or try to get rid of it, like they do in the States. And although the exchange rate here at the airport seems to take advantage of the American dollar far more than it should, we found out we could ride the train from the airport into downtown Frankfurt (and back again) for FREE! : )
It was wonderful to be together in a city Bruce first visited 40 years ago. But we are ready now to move on to our real reason for traveling out of the country. We hope to reach Budapest within the next several hours. Our in-country adoption coordinator will meet us and take us to our apartment. And then on Monday we will meet our soon-to-be son for the very first time! We are extremely excited, but so tired we can hardly think straight. So I’d better close this now, while I can still figure out how to post it!
No comments:
Post a Comment