Friday, April 13, 2012

Counting the hours...

We leave the house tomorrow morning at 8:45 to head to the airport. I feel as if I'm walking around in a dream right now. We've waited so long for our travel day to come (and I thought it would come long before this!), but suddenly it seems as if there's not enough time left to get everything done. : )  Isn't that the way life usually feels? Not enough time to get everything done that needs to be done? 


I'm reminded today of a CD the ministry I work with produced several years ago on Time. It talks about how we like to control the time we have, and how we complain about the lack of time we have to get things done. But God is the One who TRULY controls all time. He gives each of us the same amount of time to work with and it's what we do with it that's really important.

Today I'm cleaning the house, packing, doing last-minute laundry, and trimming weeds outside. I'm also headed to the chiropractor this morning because I woke up with a kink in my back and a slight headache. Ugh. But after my trip to get my "head put back on straight" (a quote from my chiropractor, not me), I will visit with family and friends one last time before we leave tomorrow. The visiting part is what I'm looking forward to the most. My family and friends are extremely important to me, and time with them feels like a gift I am given, and I don't want to take it lightly.

I've asked God to expand my time today...if He sees fit. I know He can do it, and I'm counting on being able to fit everything into this day that He allows. Tomorrow will come soon enough, and our long (24 hour) trip will begin. So I am concentrating on today...counting the hours and the minutes as blessings given to me by my Heavenly Father...the One who controls all time.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! " The Day" is finally here. Praising God for your blessing. Praying for Him to go before and behind you. And for grace and peace. All IS Grace. Love and peace and our prayers go with you.

    ReplyDelete