![]() |
| Marci trying out his "floaties". |
The weather has been quite warm, so we've spent some time at our neighborhood pool. Marci loves the water and I believe he'll learn to swim by the end of the season.
One of the first things Marci wanted to do when he got home was to ride his bike. It took him a little time to get the feel of this one. I think it might be bigger than the one he had when he was in the children's home. But he's doing really well on it now, and he asks to ride it every day (rain or shine)!
![]() |
| Marci is very proud of his bike. |
This first week was about introducing Marci to new people and allowing him to start to make some new friends. He spent time with his Aunts, Uncle and cousin, and also his "Grandmom and Grandpop" (my parents). He also saw a lot of kids from our church and had a chance to play with them at various times during the week. We're grateful for a wonderful support team here at home. It will take ALL of us to help raise this little boy into the young man God wants him to be.
![]() |
| Marci & his first American ice cream. |
One thing that Marci really enjoyed this week was having some American ice cream. The gelato we had in Hungary was really quite good, but they give you very small scoops of it when you order it. Marci was amazed at how much ice cream he was given in his cup when we went to an ice cream shop near us!
We've had moments this past week where we've wondered how we'll ever be able to bridge the language barrier and help him understand us better. But God has been gracious and given us glimmers of hope as Marci seems to understand more English every day. He says a few words (without prompting) of English on his own now, and I'm sure there will be more of that each day as we move ahead.
Each day is a new experience for Marci and for us as new parents. But each day gives us the opportunity to watch God at work...and we are grateful!



I love your posts! Thanks for sharing! Thrilled beyond words for you all. Will continue to pray as you bond. :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your prayers! (Although I have to confess I'm not sure who left his post. I can't tell from your user name.)
ReplyDelete