Thursday, June 14, 2012

Two overwhelming gifts . . .

I just had to stop and type a quick post to let you all know what happened last night and today. 

Let me give you a little background on Marci and how we have said goodnight to each other since the day we brought him home to live with us in Hungary. We pray together as a family and then kiss and hug each other goodnight. Then, as I'm walking out of the room I show him the ASL sign for I love you (ILY) and tell him that I love him. He used to shake his head and tell me that he loved his Dad, or his foster parents, or his bike or his scooter. But he has never once told me that he loved me. Last night, as I was leaving his room, he held up his fingers in the ILY position and told Bruce he loved him. Then he called out "Mom!" I turned around and Marci was holding his hand up to show me that he loved me as well. He smiled a big grin as I asked him if that ILY was for me. He said "yes!", and I thanked him and waved my ILY hand right back at him! Then I left the room and cried! As I was leaning on the hallway wall, I stopped to give thanks to the Lord for allowing Marci to say he loved me (without any prompting at all) so soon after we'd returned home. My heart was thrilled!

Then this afternoon, while Marci was "resting" in his room and listening to a "Cedarmont Kids Sing Praise Songs" CD, I heard some noises coming from his room. So I stood outside the door and listened for a few minutes. I realized what it was. Marci was listening to the songs and trying to sing along! He doesn't know all the words in English yet, but he was trying his best to mimic what he was hearing. He didn't realize what he was saying, but he was singing along to the old Twila Paris song "We Bow Down". So he didn't realize he was signing "We bow down and worship you, Lord" over and over. It did my heart good to hear him trying to sing the words.


Both of these things are overwhelming gifts from my Heavenly Father, and I'm extremely grateful for them! Just wanted to share with you too!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! How hard it must be to not feel him love you back right away. I know that was a special moment!

    ReplyDelete