I know I just posted something a few days ago, but I couldn't let this day go by without letting you know something that happened this morning.
First, I need to go back to yesterday at our Proskuneo Ministries staff meeting. (For those of you who don't know, I work part time for this extraordinary ministry!) We were talking about "faith" and "works". We looked at passages of scripture that talk about various people's faith. I mentioned to the others that the Lord had been impressing on me the amount of faith it must have taken for various people involved in the birth of Christ.
First, Mary had to believe and have faith that the child she was carrying was truly the promised Messiah. Then, Joseph had to have faith that this was all true as well. Then think about the shepherds. They came to worship a baby in a manger. How much faith does that have to entail? I mean really...would you or I go and worship a baby in a manger and truly believe that this was the Son of God? And how about the wise men who came to visit the young boy a few years later? They had to have faith that this child was who everyone said he was. Wow!
During our discussion yesterday, my dear friend looked at me and said "God gave each of them, just what they needed in order to believe." He sent an angel to Mary, an angel to the shepherds, etc. She went on to say that God knows us so well that He gives us just what we need in the moment. That struck my heart in a new and very deep way yesterday. In fact, I've been thinking about that ever since.
So back to this morning...I opened up my email and saw a note from our friends at Strong Tower Family Ministries (the ministry that has offered to accept donations on our behalf and send out tax deductible receipts). A wonderful friend of mine (who I've known for 34 years) sent in a donation for our adoption fund this morning. And it was a very substantial gift!
God knew exactly what our hearts needed...and He sent it at exactly the right time to encourage and uplift us once more. It's as if He said...."Here it is, oh ye of little faith. Just what you need to remind you that I am in control. I have all your needs covered. Just have faith...just trust me. I love you!"
I am rejoicing this morning in God's care for us. How He knows us so well that He meets us right where we are and provides just what we need in order to trust Him more. Please praise Him with me today.
Praising Him with you! :-)
ReplyDelete